Austin Jackson has substantial experience defending individuals and U.S. and foreign businesses in complex securities litigation, white-collar criminal matters, and enforcement actions prompted by federal and state regulators. Austin’s recent representative engagements include:
• CEO of microcap companies in a high-profile criminal case accused of running a $300 million pump-and-dump scheme;
• U.S. promoter in SEC and white-collar criminal actions concerning an alleged $11 million securities fraud conspiracy in connection with cryptocurrencies and ICOs;
• CEO in an SEC receivership action following a $3 billion Ponzi scheme;
• CEO and investment advisor in civil enforcement action brought by the Securities Division of Maryland Attorney General’s office for a $17 million securities fraud scheme in connection with real estate ventures in Costa Rica;
• CFO of aquaculture companies that were absorbed by a corporation traded on the London Stock Exchange and alleged, by shareholders, to have engaged in a $23 million securities fraud scheme, to name a few.
Prior to joining the Law Office of Thomas V. Sjoblom. PLLC, Austin worked for one of the world’s leading plaintiff’s complex litigation firms for securities fraud, antitrust, corporate mergers and acquisitions, consumer fraud, and whistleblower protection cases. Austin received his J.D. from California Western School of law, where he served with the California Innocence Project to assist the wrongfully convicted and work to reform the criminal justice system, earned the Distinguished Advocate Award for exemplary oral advocacy, was awarded the State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Award for pro bono legal services, and was inducted into the Pro Bono Honors Society. Austin earned his B.S. in Mathematics from North Carolina State University, where he was a member of the track and football teams, was a Caterpillar Scholar Athlete, and named to the Atlantic Coast Conference Academic Honor Roll.
Austin is admitted to the State Bar of California and the United States District Court for the Central District of California
• J.D., California Western School of Law
• B.S., Mathematics, North Carolina State University
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• Wiley W. Manuel Award
• Distinguished Advocate Award, California Western School of Law
• Pro Bono Honors Society, California Western School of Law